Squadron 23's Parent CAP Units
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Cadets Regular Meeting time — Every Monday at 19:00.
- Seniors (with Cadets) Regular Meeting Time — Every 2nd and
4th Monday at 19:30.
- 01.08.2011 - SQ23 continues SAREx Saturday into fourth year; training on CAP Safety Program and ORM was conducted.
- 10.25.2010 - 1st Lt. Michael Allen and 2nd Lt. Kate Allen transfer to SQ188 in Oakland. Fair winds, Mike and Kate, and thanks for the years of service in SQ23 and Group 5.
- 10.25.2010 - 1st Lt. C. Watson, recently of SQ157, is assigned to command SQ23.
- 10.15.2010 - Capt. C. Thaeler resigns as Commander, SQ23. Capt. A. mac Lir assumes interim command.
- 10.20.2010 - 2nd Lt. Randy Dilena generously donates twenty ANSI-compliant safety vests to the Cadet Program.
- 10.11.2010 - CAWG Safety Down-Day: all units reviewed safety and ORM issues, methods, and procedures.
- 8.14.2010 - "Wings Over Marin" (Gnoss Field's 50th Anniversary celebration) sponsored by the Gnoss Field Community Association; ~5000 guests, while SQ23 and SQ157 members worked the light line, gates, and friends of SQ23 sold hot dogs and sodas.
- 7.26.2010 - N50MB grounded for minor repairs and 100-hour inspection.
- 7.15.2010 - Van borrowed by SQ802 for use at Cadet Summer Encampment.
- 6.14-26.2010 - Cadets Campbell attend National Emergency Service Academy courses.
- 5.8.2010 - SAREx route search to McClellen performed by SQ23 crew. First flight for two new scanner trainees.
- 5.1.2010 - Major D. Reber, Group 5 Deputy Commander, inspected the unit. SQ23 was found to be "successful" in most areas, and "highly successful" in Command, Emergency Services, Communications, and Transportation.
- 4.26.2010 - Senior Meeting - 50MB now assigned to SQ23 and at KDVO. Van still grounded.
- 4.23-24.2010 - Capt A. mac Lir attended the Pacific Region Conference at Reno, NV.
- 4.12.2010 - Senior Meeting - Plans for 04N transfer to San Diego. "Wings Over Marin" planning on going. Van still grounded
- 4.3.2010 - SAREx Saturday - Reviewed Mission Planning and Land Navigation
Recent Site Additions
Civil Air Patrol and
Marin Search and Rescue Composite Squadron 23
The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is a citizen organization concerned with
education, youth development and emergency services. As part of the
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary, CAP has a long history of accomplishments
with positive impact on health and welfare.
Interested in learning more about becoming a member and
to CAP activities? More information.
Marin Search & Rescue Composite Squadron 23 is part of the California Wing (External site).
Directions to Squadron 23 headquarters
Gnoss Field (KDVO) in Novato CA.